The EFT school is working with diverse communities to train students in various Tradesman occupations. We provide this training in English and Spanish - helping students to perform in the technical area of their choice and in their language of choice. We train the individual to promote human capital, developing highly skilled professionals in a training environment that continuously provides quality and excellence to the learning experience.
EFT's vision is to be the premier provider of quality training programs to a geographically, ethnically, and culturally diverse population of learners.
Program Goal To prepare students for an entry-level career as an HVACR
technician in the residential and light construction field.
Upon completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Comprehend mathematical processes and use of formulas necessary for design, evaluation, and installation of HVACR systems
- Understand composition and usage of HVACR materials, equipment, and tools required for installation and diagnostic tasks
- Recognize safety procedures and established regulations related to workplace and job requirements
- Understand the refrigeration cycle, gas laws, and properties of refrigerants required for diagnostic and systems design
- Comprehend drawings, technical diagrams, and specification charts required for installation and repair of HVACR systems
- Understand theories and processes for evaluating and installing electrical systems and controls
- Comprehend procedures for installing, inspecting, testing, repairing, and maintaining HVACR systems
- Recognize procedures for following government regulations regarding the conservation, recovery, and recycling of refrigerants
- Know procedures for following government regulations regarding the conservation, recovery, and recycling of refrigerants.